Reason Why I started developing this tool:
- For version control I use TortoiseSVN, Which maintains .svn folders for version management. Whenever I add any special feature in the game as part of my experiment with the design, I take a backup & keep the code for reference. I dont want any version files in my backup.
- If I want to copy my entire working copy I have to close Visual Studio, If I close it, i`ll loose undo info.
- Visual Studio has some intermediate files which are huge in size, like pdb, ncb obj, sbr....
- Some times I want to exclude certain files & folders.
So I finally decided to build a tool my self. I was thinking which language to use..... I was planning to get my hands wet in C# from a long time.. So I started development in C#. I faced Some problems with threading for that I took help from my Elder brother Saleem, who is a professional C# developer. Sandeep helped me with the layout & background images.
- 3D Math calculator.
- One can copy files in multiple folders into one folder.
- Copy only selected file types.
- Ignore art assets, Texture files, exported animation files for TGEA, max.....
- Copy only source code. It copies only cpp, h,c hpp, hxx files.
- Archive the backed up foldeder.
- After archiving delete the source folder.
Features in Fomatting:
- Add line numbers to file(s).
- Enlist files & folders in the given directory. Can optionally choose for size, file names only, directory names only.
- Create class templates.
- Beautify the code: This option beautifies the code, It puts proper spaces, indents, baces...It is still Work In Progress ( WIP ).
Features In 3D Math Calculator:
- It does the basic 3D math for you. Addition, subtraction, normalize, distance, length....of 3D vectors.
- It is still in development phase.
Features In Scheduler:
- Shutdown/restart/launch external application at specified time.
- Shutdown/restart/launch external application after specified time has elapsed.
Features In Options tab:
- You can add directories/files to be ignored.
- You can specify the type of art assets you want to ignore.
- Specify files to be included.
- Choose archiver tool to be used. Currently WinRar & 7Z are supported.
To maintain the database I use XML.