Thursday, December 13, 2007

Search Objects in Torque Game Engine (TGE/TGEA)

I have been using Torque Game Engine from almost 2 years. In-fact I started my carrier as a game programmer using TGE 1.3. In one of my recent projects using TGEA, the world was so huge that the art team was facing problems searching objects in the game world. So I decided to make a tool for it. And here's the out put... I wish I could narrate in the video, so that I don't have to write about it here, But I don't have right tools to do that :(



Features:
  • Filter objects by their type. i.e, DTS or DIF types.
  • Filter objects by their group name.
  • By clicking on the object, Camera snaps to the object.
  • Dynamic filtering of objects by their name.
  • Along with objects shape file name, Objects internal name is also shown. This helps in case of multiple instances.
Advantages:
  • Saves time.
  • Filtering objects by their type helps in keeping track of many objects of that type exist.
  • Filtering objects by type & name helps to check how many instances of one object exist in the game world.

No comments:

Post a Comment